Acompalia’s Mission and Vision
Acompalia is working towards offering, free of charge, hospice and palliative care services that enable terminally ill patients in the Granada province of southern Spain to live each remaining day as fully as possible, and to die in sympathetic surroundings, with loved ones at hand, in peace and dignity.Our hospice and palliative care services will include:
- a sympathetic home or hospice environment where family and friends can be close, and where the patient’s wishes come first,
- physical, emotional, practical and social support, including pain relief, and bereavement counselling for loved ones, offered by trained and caring volunteers and health care providers,
- a peaceful setting focused on the patient’s own choices for living, and dying, with dignity.
Acompalia is already providing much-needed services for both Spanish and expat families, including:
Our vision is to build on these services over the next few years, and to offer:
- Professional palliative care in the patient’s home, giving carers respite and support.
- A Daycare Centre, with trained nursing staff and special wellbeing facilities including spa and massage therapy.
- A 10-bed Acompalia Hospice with full nursing care in a peaceful garden setting.
With your generosity and support, we can make this happen.
Acompalia is already providing vital services to terminally ill patients and their families in Granada province. Over the next few years, we will be building on these services to provide full palliative and hospice care:
Acompalia Centre – Module One
This first building will provide a place where patients and families can come together for support. The facilities will also house our training sessions, provide shop premises and a secure storeroom for donations and goods such as wheelchairs, special beds and other items, which Acompalia will loan to patients.
Acompalia Day Care Centre – Module Two
Acompalia’s Day Care Centre will offer services such as massage, hairdressing, manicures and pedicures, as part of a range of psychosocial and wellbeing treatments. There will also be pleasant areas for patients, families and friends to meet together, both indoors and out.
The Acompalia Hospice Building – Module Three
For patients who need advanced palliative care at the end of their lives, Acompalia’s 10-bed Hospice Building will offer full palliative and nursing care in a homelike setting, surrounded by peaceful gardens. This building will be constructed next to the Hospice Centre and will feature family rooms, a medical/therapy room and a private lounge.
- Acompalia supports terminally ill patients and their families in Granada and along the Costa Tropical, southern Spain.
- Acompalia’s Hospice Building will offer full palliative and nursing care in a homelike setting surrounded by peaceful gardens.
- We’ve teamed with the Palliative Care Division of Motril’s Santa Ana hospital, enhancing their services.
- Our Acompanions provide trained, bilingual volunteers to go with patients and family members to medical appointments.
- We provide advice, help and promotional materials for your Acompalia fundraising event.
- There are all sorts of ways for you to help Acompalia care for terminally patients and their families.
- At our Acompalia Shop, you can bring and buy bargains, to help fund a truly worthwhile cause.